An exciting opportunity has arisen for an Assistant Buyer to join our Buying Department. Reporting to the Senior Buyer/ Buyer, the Assistant Buyer will be a critical interface between suppliers and stores.
- Provide product related support and advice to stores and internal departments
- Liaise with suppliers to co-ordinate and maintain the product ranges
- Collate and track supplier rebates and report figures to Buying management team
- Prepare and co-ordinate internal communications to stores
- Maintain and update the internal web based information for stores
- Maintain and update databases, new products and prices etc.
- Plan and co-ordinate all new product allocations
- Create and maintain periodic sales and stock reports
- Ensure that all policies, procedures, documentation and files are accessible and up to date
- Ensure the accurate and timely completion of administrative, financial and system related tasks
- You should be passionate about fashion.
- Possess excellent communication skills in both English and Sinhalese
- A minimum of 1 Years’ experience as an Assistant Buyer or Assistant Merchandiser is a must.
- A certificate or diploma in fashion or merchandising is preferable.
- Strong attention to detail, numerate and analytical.
- Microsoft Excel skills to an intermediate standard.